[lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life, Right to Die

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:04:55 EST

You know, I thought seriously about a living will.  But how does one  have
enough information to make such a decision before-hand?  Had Terry had  the
chance...would she have been able to know what she might be experiencing  right
now?  What her level of consciousness might be?  What she would  want if this
or
that sort of situation or level of damage or injury were  done?  How could
anyone know, in advance, what they would want "if" any of  a thousand different
scenarios.  Perhaps there's a way to name a person ...  to say, if something
traumatic happens to me, this is the person who has the  right to decide what
my care will be.... It's altogether too disturbing to think  about for long,
after the head-lightening experience of 2 hours in the shower  scrubbing with
pine sol, chlorine, tilex, SOS pads, and lime-away, in a small  room with the
door closed.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life,
Right to Die  Date: 3/24/05 4:15:16 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Robert, you might consider a video of your wishes  as well.  We have been
advised to do this by an attorney several years  ago.  Might be because we
live in a state that is a wholly owned  subsidiary of Right to Life.

Veronica