[lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life, Right to Die

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:26:34 -0500

Judy:
<I have had suspicions like that for a few days now.>

You are correct.  I am reading a book called,"Hitler's Pope" and in that
book, Pacelli, the Secretary to the Pope of the time, was working
feverishly to get a Concordat with Hitler.  The pope, Pius XI, was sort of
with it and sort of not.
Pacelli himself became Pius XII.  i read the name of the most powerful
person in the Vatican for the last several years but I can't think of his
name.

Schiavo's