[lit-ideas] Re: On Nip Thievery

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 19:33:41 +0900

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And, belatedly, Congrats, John!!  Is the gender of said babe known or is it
> a surprise?  What names await him/her?  How excited ARE you?  I assume, of
> course, that pictures of the wee one are already forthcoming.  I remember
> when my husband's daughter gave birth for the first time 4 years ago, her
> first words to Grandpa were an awed and exhausted, "I made a person..."

Gender is as yet unknown. Went yesterday with the daughter for her latest
sonogram and was amused to note that the nurse administering the procedure
was being careful, as per instructions, not to reveal the genitals.

How excited? Good question. Definitely excited, but not in the near
panic-level anxiety sort of way that accompanied the birth of the first. Big
change here. When Keegan, who is just turning two, was born, his
grandparents were asked to stay away to give dad, mom and baby a chance to
bond before we descended. This time daughter Kate wanted us here early,
mainly to lend a hand with Keegan, and that sort of concern seems to have
utterly disappeared.

What we know at the moment is that Kate is eager to get the pregnancy over
with. Based on the medical evidence "Wiggle" currently weighs in at 7 lbs 13
ozs and if he/she doesn't arrive until June 15 is likely to be a whopper.

John

--
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN