[lit-ideas] Re: Mike and Schopenhauer

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 23:18:13 -0400

Sounds like a man after my own heart.  Given that even love is mostly just
need projected onto others, there's nothing to redeem the survival machines
called humans.  Plants and animals are survival machines too, but without
the pretensions that humans have.  They also don't destroy their
environment and call it progress.  I wonder how the warmongers on this list
feel about Schopenhauer.  I'll bet the warmongers are optimists.
Exterminate the other side and life is good.  It's something to live for.