[lit-ideas] Re: Irene's experiment...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:34:13 -0400

No condescension meant, Irene. At least no personal condescension. And it's your response that's ridiculous. Listen to yourself. Do you really think that I (and probably all of us) don't cry inside at the hell the Iraqis are enduring? Do you really think that when I don't curl up on the floor with grief (which I do occasionally) that I'm celebrating death? The world is a horrible place. Say it loud (if not proud). But that doesn't get us from one end of the day to the other. What gets us from here to there is the small kindnesses, the everpresent campfires of gentle people (as someone said). That's what I don't seem to see in any of your notes. I know nothing about who you are except what you put out here. And that's all I'm responding to. Ursula

Andy Amago wrote:

I will take your advice and begin to
appreciate how wondrous the world is because the Iraqis are at this very
moment finding a glimpse of beauty in the hell we created for them. I will
begin to appreciate that nothing needs to be understood and no changes need
to be made except to bring on more of the same.

Now that that's settled, I need to get back to work and stop wasting my
time.