[lit-ideas] Re: Autopsy?!?!

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 12:33:50 -0400

Julie: To what purpose?? Btw, the autopsy found no bullet wounds.

Yeah, the question seems like a typical killjoy response intended (consciously or not) to dampen elation over the Terror Goon's demise. Imagine the same forensic handwringing over Hitler's death: did he kill himself or did those nasty Soviets shoot him? I watched the C-Span press conferences where the questions arose--did they shoot him? Did they photoshop his picture? When will the autopsy results be available? Truly annoying.

It's people wishing--hoping even--for bad news about the good news. Pogo was wrong: the enemy is not us. The enemy is very much alive. One important enemy is dead. I'm going to a Dead Zarqawi Party tonight and make merry.