[lit-ideas] Re: Autopsy?!?!

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:30:20 -0700 (PDT)

--- Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Omar: If you really feel elated at hearing of
> someone's
> death, you deserve the most trite responses you can
> get. I felt mildly saddened at the news of
> Slobodan's
> Miloshevic's death, and God knows that I wasn't his
> fan when he was alive.
>
> Eric: Why in the world would you feel sad that Slobo
>
> croaked? You should explain that.

*It's difficult to explain and probably is not a
completely rational response. I felt sorry for a man
who died in prison, far from his family and all. I was
also watching some broadcasts of his trial just weeks
before he died and was struck by the fact that he an
intelligent and articulate man, although undoubtedly
neurotic, but maybe he could have had a better life in
different circumstances. I have difficulty seeing how
one can rejoice at someone's death.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com