[lit-ideas] Re: Attacked - The New Republic

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:56:10 -0400

Dear Omar & Simon:

I see both of you are very clear about how bad the Israelis are. Bad Israelis. Good Palestinians. Bad economic blockade. Poor starving Palestinians.

True, the Palestinians are suiffering. But what caused the blockade? Was it because the bad Israelis wanted to hurt the poor suffering Palestinians? Or was it because they were cutting off the route into Israel that was used to tunnel in and kill Israelis and take prisoners?

Who caused the problem? Don't tell me the bad Israelis caused the problem in moving to defend themselves.

Take a look at Hamas and the way they operate. They hide missiles and explosives in homes, children's bedrooms, under the beds of the elderly -- and then when the bad Israelis respond to where the missiles came from and blow up the source -- homes of the elderly and children -- they confirm how bad they really are.

Your view of this is a real soap opera. Bad and good. The bad Israelis and the poor suffering Palestinians. Even I -- bad Jew that I am -- feel bad about the suffering of the Palestinians. The Palestinians have been used by other Arab states,m by Hamas and Hezbollah, to help make the case for how bad the Israelis really are. Bad Israelis. Poor suffering Palestinians.

Of course, you never read the article I sent. At best, you read the first paragraph. Bad Israelis. Anything that defends them has to be bad. Bad Israelis.

Who, by the way, elected Hamas? Bad Israelis or poor suffering Palestinians?

Is Hamas looking out for the best interest of the poor suffering Palestinians? Or are they looking to make their case against the bad Israelis?

Bad Israelis. Bad Israelis. O my!

Stan Spiegel
supporter of the bad Israelis
Portland, ME