[lit-ideas] Re: Another Bush failure?

  • From: jimkandjulieb@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:27:07 -0400

Thank you, Mike.  It's comforting that someone understands one of the ways I
communicate.  Irony is apparently going out of style this year.

I once knew, on-line, for a period of a few years, a person who was
alternatively brilliant and delusional, insane, ignorant, and insightful (does
that describe us all?).  This person pretended to be a female for a long time.
And then confessed to being a male.   Or maybe that was the pretense.

Ya can't trust anything on-line any more than you can on the streets.

Not even among "academics".

But it's fun communicating, exchanging ideas and perspectives, and is
occasionally quite informative.

Anyone seen "Sybill"?

It should be seen immediately after "Primal Fear" (opening line:  If you want
justice, go to a whorehouse; if you want to get screwed go to a court-room) and
followed by "Everyone (Everybody?  I can't ever remember) Says I Love You" in
which Julia Roberts and Woody Allen have a love affair and Sally Fields as the
satire of the Flying Nun flies backwards.

Julie Krueger