[lit-ideas] Re: Another Bush failure?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:22:54 -0400

joseph ecrit: All of this to get the oil pipe line to the coast so that the USA can extract Iraqi oil....

You do understand of course that more than 95 percent of the Iraqi oil will go to China and India? That's why I suggested that China should have handled the reconstruction of Iraq: it's their oil and we're setting it up for them.

Granted, that means it takes some tension off the other supplies. But if the US did want to trade blood for oil, we would have simply invaded Venezuela--shorter lines of supply for our army, easier airstrikes, fewer language problems, easier to make Venezuela our vassal state.