[lit-ideas] Re: Another Bush failure?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:32:11 -0400

Thanks for recognizing it.

> Perhaps you should consider that the capacity for
> self-deception is unlimited and sempiternal, and that
> internal demons may easily disguise themselves as the
> Faustian fruit of our illusory inner mastery.

You mean, like believing we're winning big time in Iraq?  That kind of
self-deception?  And as we keep losing over there, or more like become
increasingly irrelevant, then get attacked by the enemy we forgot about,
who we emboldened, in our rush to wish the world into the way we wanted it,
we'll read passages out of Faust to prove how in touch we are.