[lit-ideas] Re: 500 pixs?

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 22:10:10 -0700

From: <JulieReneB@xxxxxxx>

> <<Dude, like nobody uses film no more.>>

> Why not?  Digital cameras cost a fotune and you can have CD's of your
pic's
> made from your standard camera instead of paper photos for a couple extra
bucks.

If you consider the total cost (camera, film, development), then digital
cameras are much cheaper. Once you've paid for the digital camera, the pixs
are free.

Sales of film cameras (and film) is collapsing. One of the Kodak
subsidiaries in Europe lost 25% in revenues in a single quarter.

> It's only a matter of sending the digitalized photos -- my Aunt can only
> download pic's if I send one per e-mail which is exceedingly annoying and
she's
> not tech-savvy enough to tell me why.  grrr....

That's a major problem, and it goes back to what I asked: is there a good
way to distribute digital images, especially to non-technical users?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com