[lit-ideas] Re: 1968

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:22:53 -0500

In Canada it's known as Timmy's. As in, I'll meet you at Timmy's after class. I've never actually said this, but my students have. Additionally, my daughter is just finishing her PhD in pure math at Brown U. in Providence and they just opened a Tim Horton's down there. As a long-standing member of the road racing team at Brown, she initiated a weekly ride to the Tim Horton's. Very popular. Tim Horton, btw, was a hockey player...

And Horton's is better than the US chains...