[lit-ideas] Re: 1968

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 09:05:37 -0800

it seems to me that the only people who call themselves "ex-pats" are those Americans who constantly refer to the USA while they reside outside the USA. they follow baseball scores and know the stores that sell American products.

i knew many of this type of people in Europe; they lived inside an air bubble, filled with American air. they could be five years in Germany and still not speak any German at all. i felt a bit sorry for them; their lives were in a suspended transition; they lived neither here nor there.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ursula Stange" <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>