[Linux-Anyway] Re: Bash stuff

  • From: Scott Robbins <scottro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 19:34:39 -0500

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 04:12:46PM -0700, Meph Istopheles wrote:

>   Raquel,
>
> > >   Hmm.  Might be, but again, I've no such file.  Wonder what
> > > the RH equiv is....
>
> > I haven't taken the opportunity to look around, but you could
> > try /home/<username>/.bash_profile
>
>   Sure, but Horror's reference was to a Backspace difficulty.
> Mine's Home & End keys.

I just had to do it in FreeBSD---of course, that box is at work--I think
I searched for something, in deja, not google rxvt backspace and got the
solution quickly. Sometimes, these files don't exist and you simply
create them.

BTW

In a recent interview, a journalist asked Linus Torvalds what he would
do differently if he had to start all over again and Linus replied...
Nothing..
oh, yes... come to think of it.. just one thing... the backspace key...

It looks like (I'm not finding it after a bit of a search---ah yes, I
remember, you had to put whatever it is you are going to put in
.Xdefaults. See if that fixes it.

--
Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6 (1B48 077d 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: Believe it or not, Jonathan, I understand about the
pain.
Jonathan: Oh, right. 'Cause the burden of being beautiful and
athletic, that's a crippler.