[Linux-Anyway] Re: Bash stuff

  • From: Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:48:53 +0200

Meph Istopheles wrote:

>>Had something similar with vim. While backspace worked fine in
>>bash, it'd produce ^? in vim. Googled on it and found that the
>>solution was putting a line in /etc/profile.local saying: stty
>>erase ^?
>>

>  Heh.  No such file in RH 7.2;-).

Sorry, I should have said: a line in a configuration file run at
startup.  The one I mentioned is one of the multitude SuSE likes to
confuse me with. Since I see you've already solved the problem, I don't
want to trace it back exactly, but this is a file sourced in a file
that's sourced in something like .bashrc or .Xdefaults or whatever. SuSE
is a fine distro, but they can be very annoying at times, complicating
things and using non-standard solutions. Because of that, I thought
about switching to RH, but I think instead I'll install LFS as soon I
have a new HD.

Cheers
Horror Vacui