[Linux-Anyway] Re: Bash stuff

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:09:22 +0200

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:58:45 -0700 (PDT), Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
squashed this out of the keyboard:

> > And we'd need someone to translate Meph to english ;-)
>
>   Heh.  Is my Irish/American unintelligle?

Spelled like that, yes!

> even the most tedious & low-level positions often require rediculous
> experience & degrees.  It's so silly.

It's been like that over here for a long time. You now need 2 years further
education eo apply for a job as what you call a "Janitor" in US english.

It's screwy. There's record high unemployment in this country (1 adult in 4
doesn't have a stable job) and yet people do what they can to prevent the
unemployed from getting a job.

--
  G. Stewart   --   gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx