[Linux-Anyway] Re: Bash stuff

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 17:21:28 +0200

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 08:01:22 -0700 (PDT), Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
squashed this out of the keyboard:

> > So, do you speak French?
>
>   Not any longer.  There was a time, though -- as well as a few
> other languages I've not had any contact with in years.  I ~can~
> manage to figure out what many European language docs are on
> about still, but I couldn't translate for a living.

Nor would I, despite being bilingual.

If in a French environment I'll speak and think in French. If in an English
environment I'll speak and think in English.

Being able to translate or interpret requires being able to switch rapidly
from thinking in one language to thinking in another, and that is something
I can't do easily.

--
  G. Stewart   --   gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx