[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Using liblouis within an Android app.

  • From: Dave Mielke <dave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 14:54:28 -0500

I have liblouis building with the Android NDK now. There are two fixes that
could be made:

First, the simple one: I'm probably compiling with more warnings enabled. I'm
getting:

liblouis/compileTranslationTable.c: In function 'resolveTable':
liblouis/compileTranslationTable.c:4650: warning: passing argument 1 of
'copyStringArray' from incompatible pointer type
liblouis/compileTranslationTable.c:4629: note: expected 'const char **' but
argument is of type 'char **'

This, of course, could easily be fixed. I can do it. Would you prefer that I
post a patch to this mailing list, or would you be willing to add me (github
user DaveMielke) as a developer so that I can push it. Or, maybe, you'd prefer
some other method.

For those who don't know me, I'm the administrator of BRLTTY:

http://brltty.com/

Now, for the more complicated one: The liblouis.h header needs to be derived
from liblouis.h.in for exactly one small reason:

#define widechar @WIDECHAR_TYPE@

Is this because having liblouis.h include config.h is seen as undesirable? As I
see it, either liblouis.h could include config.h or it could include some other
very small header that just #defines widechar. This would eliminate the need to
save a whole separate copy of liblouis.h just for that one line.

--
Dave Mielke | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the very Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario | http://Mielke.cc/bible/