[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Tamil braille table

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 06:45:53 +0000

Hi Dipendra,

No, unfortunately not, the letter vs sign problem still has not been fixed, so
everything has been defined as signs, as you said when letters are defined then
the always opcode will not work.

I agree with you that unless the underlying problem is fixed, it might be
dificult to improve the table much further, but we
wanted a working solution so that tamil braille support can be included in
future nvda releases.

I feel that many problems can be found and ironed out if the liblouis had an
extensive test harness for the various tables.
This is how I personally managed to quickly find a somewhat working solution.

Maybe Christian can merge in the names from the old tamil tables before
deleting and committing this new one.

Thanks.
Mesar