[LRflex] Re: Thinking with Doug...

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:36:27 -0800

All good advice, but how close do you get?  If I assume the shot is not
cropped, the grey bird ( Latin:  Birdus Greyus) is about 1/2 the frame
height.  The frame is 1 inch tall ( don't bother me with details like the
sensor is only 2/3 of an inch tall, I am on a  roll)  that makes the
projected bid image 1/2 inch tall.  The bird itself looks about 6-8 inches
tall,  so you have an apparent reduction of about 1:16.  If I estimate
correctly, using a 400mm lens ( 8x image size increase) this is about 6 feet
from the camera.

How do you get 6 feet form a live bird?  Repeatedly?  For any time until he
( she, or it) gets nervous and leaves?

I am just amazed.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx