[LRflex] Re: Thinking with Doug...

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:29:49 -0800

I'm the one that accused Doug of knowing a taxidermist..... and taking pictures
of the stuffed variety.....( tongue in cheek)

Getting as close to the subject as Doug and the other birders around these
parts, just amazes me.  We have more than a few Hawks of various types running
around our area ( migratory route).  They sit on the top of a pole near the
house, for hours.  If I spend more than about 1 minute pointing a big honking
lens at them at a distance of around 50 -100 yards, they leave.

Stalking birds just is not easy...... getting close is even harder......

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And you are correct, getting close enough to the birds is the hardest part.

Doug Herr