[LRflex] Re: Thinking with Doug...

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:52:39 +0100

I like them Douglas - I see we share the same birds as friendly neighbours. ;-)

So, what would you advise me to do when you've used all your zoom and doubling power for a shot like this one? Bird was perched about 15 m high and I shot from the 1st floor of a house. :-(
http://tinyurl.com/2ycrsd

TIA
phx

Douglas Sharp wrote:

A tip from the other Doug:
Start by choosing big birds that are more likely to walk threateningly towards you than fly away in fright. (yes I know, it would look better with feet)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/78109-2/Goose.jpg
or creep up on them from behind
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/11119-4/MG_3753_edited_1.jpg
while they're busy eating
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/11180-4/MG_3361_edited_1.jpg
Cheers
Douglas

Aram Langhans wrote:

Marc.  Maybe not what Doug would post, but I really like this one:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Marc/Nature+III/L1000294_2.jpg.html
Something about it. I can see it framed on a wall. Aram

    From: foto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [LRflex] Thinking with Doug...
    Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:36:12 +0100

    This morning, I had a walk to a small river mouth, not too far
    from home.
    I just wanted to try some R lenses with the D3: Cron 50, Macro 100
    and Telyt 180.
    But I found there more life than I thought... and couldn't avoid
to think with the Birdman of Sacramento ;-) Doug, I'll probably never watch wild birds without remember your
    wonderful pictures...
    and I'm just beginning to realize how difficult it has to be !
         http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Marc/Nature+III/
         Cheers,
    Marc
PS: The 5 pictures are cropped, and with some PS treatment, from
    RAW format