[LRflex] Re: Scanner

  • From: Charlie Chan <topoxforddoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:56:27 +0100

Steve,

Maybe you should join the happy DMR band

Best wishes,

Charlie Chan
Cheltenham, UK

PS How does it feel to be away from work?

On 18 Aug 2009, at 23:42, Steve Barbour wrote:

On Aug 18, 2009, at 2:55 PM, wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Steve Barbour asked:

4) The last option is to convert your lenses to Nikon mount with
the LEITAX mounts.  Several people here (Howard Cummer springs to
mind) have done this with numerous lenses, and their results with
the D300 & up are fantastic.  The conversion is reversible, but you
need a mount for each lens you have - so, more expensive than
adapters, but a better fit.

tempting, does anyone do this for $..?

is there an alternative?

Steve, this looks like a simple conversion, well within my
skill/experience.  I can walk you through it, your place or mine.

thanks Doug... you are very kind. I will decide if I wish to commit to this, and I will let you know...

have to decide if !,  and which lenses !

likely an R 80 lux or 90 cron and a wide   ?19mm Elmarit...?

Steve

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com