[LRflex] Re: Scanner

  • From: "p.macmahon" <p.macmahon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:39:27 +0100

Dear Bill, many thanks for this link. It does seem impressive. It is down to
the second-hand market for a Super Coolscan now. I will see what is around. All
the best, Richard
    From: p.macmahon@xxxxxxxxxx
    To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [LRflex] Scanner
    Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:51:26 +0100

    I am new to the forum, live in London (UK) and need some advice. My
fiftieth birthday approaches, and word is that a whip-around might result in a
considerable sum. I take 35mm slide film (with my Leica R6 with Brightscreen)
as well as some black and white. My family also has a large collection of
family slides taken by my father with his M3. He obviously worked carefully, as
the quality of the latter is astonishing, - I have been trying to catch-up... I
thought  of a scanner. Well, to be frank, I thought of many things, but a
scanner seemed a practical piece of equipment. Supposing the pot amounted to
$1000, would this be wisely spent on a scanner, and what make etc, etc...?
Would this be enough? I am devoted to my 50mm 1.4 Summilux (E60) and 28mm
Elmarit, using them for family portraits and landscape, along with general
stuff. Sometimes I think I should buy a digital camera that would take these
lenses, but the quality of those M3 slides just haunts me. Do I need to desert
film or just improve my craftsmanship? And so I go round again. But the scanner
thing, and any other comments, would be appreciated. Richard

    Share your memories online with anyone you want anyone you want.