[LRflex] R lenses

  • From: Miguel Asensio <mfa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leicaflex list <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:07:16 -0600

Hello Guys,

I'll be buying an R9 in the next few days and will start building an SLR system. The main reason for selecting the R9 is to use Leica R glass with a film body that allowed me to work faster than my other two systems (Leica M4 and Hasselblad 501CM). As much as I love the M4 and the 'blad, I'm looking forward to using a camera with a variety of metering and exposure modes that will allow me to react to quickly changing conditions again.

My only experience with R-lenses is a very short shooting session with a 50/2 on an R7 and I absolutely loved that lens, so it'll definitely be part of my selection at some point. But for now, I'd rather start with focal lengths (35mm equivalent) that I don't already have in my other two systems (35/2, 50/1.4 and 90/2.8 for the M4 and 50/4, 80/2.8, and 150/4 for the 'blad), so I'm looking at wide angle lenses in the 20 - 28mm range and short telephotos from 100 - 180mm.

Could anyone give me a run-down of the R lenses in those ranges and their strong points?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel Asensio