[LRflex] Re: R lenses

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:58:24 -0800

Miguel

You didn't say what you like to shoot, so it is hard to recommend lenses, but Doug's list is all inclusive.

I do have the 24mm and I find it the equal of my previous 25mm Zeiss on my Rollei. I find no faults in the lens other than the rear element extends into the camera body, so would create a problem if I decided to use it on a full frame digital, but not a problem for you with R9.

And if there were one lens in the range you specified that I would buy it would be the 100/2.8 APO Macro. Amazing lens. And if your shooting includes any desire for macro, it is THE lens to get. Doug drools over his 280 APO for his work, and I drool over my 100 APO for my work. I've never used the 280, so I have no comment on it. It is out of your specified range, anyway. Get the 100 APO! STOP, Do Not Pass Go until you have that lens if you want something from 100-180. Even if you do not do macro (yet), it performs equally good from close to distance. And you will have the capability for macro when the time comes.

Aram