[LRflex] Re: R lenses

  • From: Miguel Asensio <mfa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:59:27 -0600

Thanks to all who responded to my question. This helps me a lot and now I have some information to selecting some lenses.

To answer a few questions:

I like to photograph street scenes (some special events, crowds, and lately political protests), low light scenes, wildlife, and some landscapes. Also, for work I do a lot of motorcycle travel photography. Photographing crowds and motorcycle stuff without the benefit of AE and in-camera meters has proved painfully slow and I'm rarely quite ready when something unexpected happens. This is why I started looking into the R system.

I will also get some R lenses in the 35-80 mm range and the Summicrons are high in the list but first I need to complement what I already have in the other systems.

Thanks,

Miguel Asensio