[LRflex] Re: R lenses

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:57:30 -0800 (PST)

Sweet obscessions !
I just checked the MTF curves of the 28-90mm against single focal lengths 28mm,
35mm and 90mm. The zoom doesn't seem to give up very much at the low and the
high ends but it outperforms the 35 mm f 2 Summicron. of course, what does a
wee bit of optical performance matter if a) you're not using a tripod b) you
didn't get the shot because you were "octopussing" a lens change.
Dave