[LRflex] Re: North American Leica promotions.

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:34:22 -0700

On 18/08/2005 at 12:41 PM GREG LORENZO wrote:

>David Young writes in part:
>
>> Mercedes=3D or Ferarri dealerships.  And, of course, Rolls Royce
>> have never heard of=3D
>> the word "sale".  I don't know about your town, but in mine, their=3D
>> dealership doesn't even have a illuminated sign.  Just a small
>> painted=3D wooden one that simply says "Rolls Royce  - builders of
>> fine motor cars".
>>

>David,
>
>You've got a Rolls Royce Dealership in Logan Lake!!?
>
>I've only see a new Rolls Dealership in Scottsdale, AZ.
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg

Hi Greg!

Rolls, in Logan Lake?  Not very likely!

Most of these red-necks have never heard of Mr. Rolls, or Mr. Royce!

(That's OK... most of 'em have never heard of Mr. Leitz, either.  In fact,=
 my stature in the local photographic community has gone up since I got a=
 Canon digital! But, that's another story.)

Victoria (which I still consider 'my' town, to some extent) has a Rolls=
 dealership, as does Vancouver.  And, in Victoria, I've seen the Mercede's=
 dealership fill their showroom with up to three "minty", used Rolls' (two=
 convertibles, one saloon) at once!

Ya just gotta live in the right places (and have the right money... which=
 lets me out!)

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt