[LRflex] Re: North American Leica promotions.

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:35:39 -0700

On 18/08/2005 at 7:20 PM Jerry Lehrer wrote:

>David,
>
>Nah!  The Sequerras that I got were the Pyramid speakers.
>The tuner would be wasted in San Diego. NO classical music
>stations!  (And Sequerras first name is Dick, not Bill) His ribbon
>tweeters were the best in the world.
>
>Jerry

Hmmm... Bill vs. Dick.  I think some-timers is creeping in! (I was sure it=
 was Bill. Yikes!)

And, ya know.. I didn't even know he made speakers. Though I must admit=
 that I've never met a ribbon tweeter that I didn't like... except for=
 those in the Heil ESS Air Motion Transformer, from the 1970s to early=
 80's.  They were harsh and very unreliable.  I used to stock replacement=
 ribbons by the dozens!

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt