[LRflex] Re: North American Leica promotions.

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:11:12 -0700

Jerry Lehrer boasted:

>For example, when a local high end stereo shop went bankrupt and
>had an auction, I bought about $10,000 worth of goodies for $580.
>Linn Sondek, Beveridge, Threshold, Rogers, B&W, Sequerra etc.  These
>names mean something to David, but nowt to most others.  Did I do well?
>You bet your ass I did!  I bought all their tools also!
>
>This was in 1983.

Hi Jerry!

You did, indeed, do well!  That's a helluva haul for $580!

The only problem with the Sequerra tuner was that very few broadcasting=
 stations were (or are today) up to it's standards!  I wonder what Bill's=
 up to, today?

I too have picked up some bargains at auctions... but it's amazing how many=
 folks overpay at them.

Congratulations on what was likely the deal of a lifetime. ;-)

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt
Leica Reflex Forum web-page: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm