[LRFlex] Re: LEICA+PENTAX = LEICAX

  • From: Jim Hemenway <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:17:23 -0500

Xavier:

This isn't any because the Pentax mount is smaller than that of the Leica R... so an adapter big enough for the R lens wouldn't fit into the Pentax mount.

Jim

Bille Xavier F. wrote:

Hello Jim & Don

Have you checked out any wya to put a Leica R lens on a Pentax Digital IST?

Regards.

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Jim Hemenway <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: FS: Fotodiox Leica R lens to Canon EOS/Digital Body Adapter
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:20:13 -0500

For what it might be worth, I feel the same way. The Pentax DS viewfinder is much brighter and is easier to focus with, than that of the Canon digital bodies. I'll stay with the R8 for film.

Jim

Don Bledsoe wrote:

David,

I sold my Canon bodies because I replaced them with a Pentax ist DS
digital body, and will stick to my Leicaflex SL2 and R5 bodies for
shooting slides.  I enjoy shooting slides the most but also enjoy the
convenience of digital.  I also didn't care too much for the bulk of
the Canon bodies, nor their viewfinders.  The Pentax DS is very
compact an the viewfinder is, in my opinion, considerabley better then
what the Canon 10D or 20D have.

Best regards,

Don