[LRFlex] Re: LEICA+PENTAX = LEICAX

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:58:56 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

> OUBIO (?) for mounting the 200's, 280 & 400/560 screw/viso/M.

As far as I know there were no screw-mount lenses (from Leitz anyway) longer
than 400mm.  And OUBIO is correct.   There's also a numeric code for this
adapter.

> If you just want to use all of these lenses on your R bodies, get either the
> 14127f (for SL & SL2) bodies,
> or the 14167 3rd cam unit for all R bodies from R3 up.

Either the 14127 or 14167 can be used on any Leica reflex.  Early 14167
adapters don't have the 3rd null cam so these will function exactly like a
14127 on an R body.  I haven't tried it on the R8 yet but I recall that +1.5
stops exposure compensation was nessesary on the R4s & R4sP.  A 14167 with the
null cam will meter properly on the SL, SL2 and any R body.

> The earlier 14127f must have the lenses stopped down to f/11 for "ballpark"
> metering with SL's.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.  The 14127 has a fake aperture ring with
a first cam that will not do anything to the SL's meter; set it wherever you
want, it makes no difference.  It only does stuff to with the Leicafex
Standard's meter, and the SL2's viewfinder aperture display.  Nothing else.
The aperture on the lens changes the amount of light reaching the SL's meter
cell so that works properly at any aperture.

> I did a conversion on a 14127f to add a 3rd cam for use on all of my R's &
> SL's.

Very kewl!!

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento