[LRflex] Re: For Kevin: Choosing Nikon bodies for Leica Glass

  • From: George Lottermoser <imagist3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:35:07 -0600

On Dec 12, 2011, at 10:13 AM, Aram Langhans wrote:

> I agree, Phiippe.  No camera today makes me dream, either.  They are just a
> necessity, something to stick a lens on, but no emotional attachment.  Sad.
> You want a digital R4, but I want a digital R8/9.  I liked the ergonomics,
> and the looks grew on me so I actually thought they were cool.  Sad to say
> those days are gone.  The equipment thrill is gone, but the thrill of taking
> photos is alive and well.

While I feel "similarly" I do continue to "dream"
about owning an M9, S2 or CFV back for my 'blad and Cambo
(though the likelihood of ever affording them seems outside of reality)

AND I continue to absolutely LOVE using my R8/DMR and M8
every bit as much as I loved loved using my film
M6's, Nikon F's, Hasselblad 500 CM, Mamiya Universal Press, Linhof Technika,
Cambo Ultima, and Deardorf.

Sadly the Canon 5D with its 24-70 and 70-200
mostly sits waiting for the very rare circumstances
when auto everything seems the easiest approach.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.imagist.com