[LRflex] Re: Best R lenses?

  • From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:24:39 +0100

Actually I'd stay away from the 28-70. It really is not up to Leica
standards. Quite soft and a lot of distortion on the wide end.
The 35-70/4 is much better. If you really need 28mm buy a prime and combine
it with the 35-70.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

2009/12/31 Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>  Hi from France and welcome in!
>
> In fact the answer is : quality varies from model to model. Some latest
> japanese designed models are outstanding.
> The latest models were built from Kyocera (remember the CONTAX)
>
> But earlier, some of the models were contracted out from Minolta, good but
> not exceptionnals. The Japanese had nice zoom designs in those days.
>
> Let me offer an advice: try to broaden your quest and look for an Angenieux
> zoom. They might be a good bargain in the vintage lenses
>
> Other, you can buy a recent  Leica Vario-Elmar-R 3,5-4,5  28-70
>
> the 3.5 seems a bit slow but I'm sure quality is delivered wide open :)
>
> try the Bay, there are good offer, just now
>
> Best ones for 2010
>
> ---------------------------------
> Xavier F. BILLE
> Maisons-Alfort - France.
>

> ------------------------------
> From: ryee3@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [LRflex] Best R lenses?
> Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:31:46 -0600
>
> Hello to all!
>
> I am new to this forum but excited to interact.  These have probably been
> discussed before but are there must have R lenses that are outstanding for
> its bokeh and leica glow?  I have some lenses but ready to purchase
> additional ones.  I am interested in a zoom in the 28-70 range.  Are the
> Solms made lenses that much better than the Japanese ones?

> Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do
> online.<http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_1:092010>

Fokkema Fotografie
www.michielfokkema.com
michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxxx