[LRflex] Re: Best R lenses?

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 13:32:56 -0500

Hi Michiel,

> Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 22:03:55 +0100
> From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Neil,
>
> By distortion I mean barrel distortion and thsat has
nothing to do
>   with positioning.
> You might have an outstanding sample of the 28-70 but my
experience is
> in accordance with the measurements of Erwin Puts in his
Leica lens
> compendium.
> I'm glad yours is okay mine was quit disappointing.
>
> Best regards and happy new year.
>
> Michiel Fokkema

Although I do know what to look for, I don't see barrel
distortion with my 28-70. I doubt that this kind of problem
could be accounted for by normal production variations
between samples, perhaps there was some change in the
formula for this lens since the one Puts' reviewed?

Best regards, and happy new year to you as well as everyone
else on the list.

Neil