RE: PAW 6, Vuescan?

  • From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 09:30:54 -0500

At 10:44 PM 2/7/2005, you wrote:

Tina, what scanner are you using? If its one of the Nikon's you can get very
good results using roc and gem and dde without the ice.  Either the roc or
the gem, I forget which one, will smooth smooth out the grain.  I do it with
Tri-X all the time.  You can play around with the settings to get your max.
If you don't use a Nikon then.........nevermind:)

That's what I've ended up doing and one reason I prefer the Nikon software to Vuescan. The GEM smooths out the grain, but like any of the software applications, has to be used very lightly to avoid softening the sharpness of the negative. The ROC restores faded color which give some interesting results when used with B&W!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP www.tinamanley.com