Re: PAW 6, Vuescan?

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:01:21 -0800 (PST)

Shel,
I use TriX and don't have many with severe scratches
(I've only been shooting for about the last 15 years
or so after I became an anal accountant!), so my negs
are in pretty good shape. I've used this process on a
couple of scans in my CoolScan 2000 days. I'll run a
couple more through and post the results for review.
Thanks,
Bob
--- Shel Belinkoff <scbelinkoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmmm ...Digital Ice reacts poorly with the silver
> grains, giving really
> awful results.  Thinking you may be on to something
> I just scanned a TX
> negative as RGB using Digital Ice.  The results were
> just as bad as when
> scanning in regular greyscale mode.  So, my
> questions are: which B&W films
> have you scanned?  What scanner settings did you
> use?  Can you show us some
> results?
>

> Shel

=====