[korgypark] Re: Midi channels

  • From: "Thomas Anderssen" <thomas.anderssen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:44:53 +0200

Good morning...

Well, the PC/IF interface is a little kinky, but it sure works when you get it
installed.
Have you tried the manual method? I.e. copy the files korgsmd1.drv,
korgsmv1.386
and oemsetup.inf to the /Windows/System directory.

Then open the control panel, add new hardware, do NOT have windows search, add
a "Sound, game and multimedia device", press Have disk , point it to the
windows
directory and Windows will find the Korg driver. Chose it, and you'll be
presented
with the settings window. Now choose your com-port. There is a gotcha; NO other
device may use the com port address or IRQ, i.e. you cannot have a modem on
com3 if you plan to use com1.... or on com4 if you plan to use com2.
Then tick the "independent MIDI/Synth out" box on the left. Press OK.
Restart and all should be well. I just tried this for you here on my work on an
1 GHz
Celeron machine. No probs. Have you checked in the bios that both com ports are
enabled? And set to standard adresses and IRQ:s?

cheers, Thomas