[korgypark] Re: Midi channels

  • From: "Thomas Anderssen" <thomas.anderssen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:53:13 +0200

Hello.

It is quite easy.
Select Timbre Off on channel 10 in your sequencing program. This can
be done by selecting bank 7425 (decimal) or sending the following
controllers: 00 58 00 00 xx (xx = any value). Make sure that you use
it for the Korg only, i.e. that you have selected the check box
"Independent Synth/MIDI Out" in the Serial driver seutp window (if
you use the serial interface).

cheers, Thomas

On 7 Jan 2002 at 13:12, cdmando wrote:

> Please forgive me on this one but my manual is packed away somewhere
> after a recent move. Is there a way to have the Korg X5 ignore any
> one midi channel? What I want to do is come out of my PC to the
> Korg then "thru" to my drum machine. Of course I do not want the
> Korg playing the drum notes too so I thought If I could "mute"
> channel 10 from the Korg and send it thru to the drum machine that
> would be great. Any way to do this??
Thomas Anderssen
Jakobstad Energy Utility (www.jpenergy.net)
Victor Schaumansesplanaden 1