[korgypark] Re: Midi channels

  • From: "michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mstockinger@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 19:11:55 +0100

Hello!

I hope I didn't misunderstand your original question:

1.) Choose Independent Synth/MIDI Out. Then your midi application provides
two midi ports: one is called "Korg PC I/F Synth Port", the other is called
"Korg PC I/F Midi Port".
2.) Connect with Midi cables and send messages to your Korg X5D via "Korg PC
I/F Synth Port". From your Korg X5D's MIDI Out connect a midi cable to your
drum machine.
3.) Set the track of your midi application, from where the messages should
be sent to your drum machine, to the "Korg PC I/F Midi Port". Data now is
sent through X5D's midi out to your drum machine. So you do not need to mute
channels because data is sent via a different port. Therefore you have 2x16
channels for your use (but of course no filters must be activated for data
to be received: midi out messages checkboxes in driver setup as well as midi
application's midi filter).

I use the same setup to control my effects-processor this way.
I hope this helps.

Regards,
Michael Stockinger
www.stockinger.org