[JA] Re: IE7 & Juno 4

  • From: Jim Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: No-Tags-Request@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 23:29:02 -0500

Wed, 7 Mar 2007 23:44:12 -0800 (PST) "David F. Wooledge"
<wooledge001@xxxxxxxx> writes:

DFW> I may be wrong and you will find out soon, but I don't think
> VISTA comes with Outlook Express.  I think the product has
> a different name and may not function like Outlook Express.

Right.  The mailer included in Vista is called Microsoft Mail, which some
criticize as unimaginative.  There is supposed to be a version of MSM for
WinXP one of these days, for anyone who wishes to replace MSOE there.  I
have little understanding of any of these programs, and no knowledge of
the differences among their various versions.

>JH> So, my new Dell XPS 1210 is to be delivered tomorrow or the next day
with Vista

Delivered to Brooklyn, ahead of schedule, but I haven't seen it yet and
it's no longer mine anyway.  The most beautiful college student in the
world (don't take my word for it; ask her other uncle) came back for
Spring Break and acceded to my suggestion that we swap, since her two
years old Dell D700 has an intermittently bad screen.  So, this weekend
I'm getting the old XP laptop, which may have less trouble with Juno 4
depending on whether the original IE was updated.  I know she added the
Mozilla browser but don't think that will have anything to do with the
Juno4/IE incompatibility.