[jhb] Windows XP

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:49:53 +0000

Does anyone on the list have a surplus, no-longer-required *full* version (i.e. not OEM) of Win XP Pro, or an upgrade version?

I have finally (albeit reluctantly) decided that I will need to adopt XP in order to enjoy most of the FS9 commercial add-ons. Also, most of the games which my son wants to use are XP-only. I had planned to undertake the upgrade over the Christmas holiday but discovered, too late, that the OEM copy which I bought does not allow upgrading from Win 2K to XP Pro. I thought I had managed to secure a copy of XP Pro Upgrade on eBay last week, but that has fallen through.

So if anyone has switched to Vista and wants to sell their XP Pro, I'm in the market to buy.

Mike L