[jhb] Re: Network Mystery

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 13:43:25 +0100

Assuming you know how to share a folder, and rather than re-invent the
wheel,

see http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-vista/map-a-shared-folder/

NOTE: Some people find Vista doesn't map the other drive on an XP machine
(this could be Frank T's problem) so a MS update is needed on the XP
machine.

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=922120

Which includes a link for the XP hotfix

Paul