[jhb] Re: Network Mystery

  • From: "Frank Turley" <frank.turley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:16:49 +0100

Paul,

My mapping works just fine thanks.

Frank T.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 1:43 PM
Subject: [jhb] Re: Network Mystery

Assuming you know how to share a folder, and rather than re-invent the
wheel,

see http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-vista/map-a-shared-folder/

NOTE: Some people find Vista doesn't map the other drive on an XP machine
(this could be Frank T's problem) so a MS update is needed on the XP
machine.

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=922120

Which includes a link for the XP hotfix

Paul