[jhb] Re: Help with IvAp v2

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:54 +0100 (BST)

> Are you remembering to start the network interface before the UI?
> As a matter of interest, on which of your two PCs are you running
> the network interface? - I couldn't get my (FS9) setup to run with
> the network interface on the non-FS PC; I had to reconfigure it to
> run on the FS PC, although the UI is running on the non-FS PC.
>
> Mike L
Mike is spot on.

I posted the folowing a couple of weeks ago.  Perhaps Bones will add it
to his web site for permanent retrieval as needed?

An improvenment I have made since is to give each of my networked PCs
fixed internal IP addresses.  192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.3 etc. This means
that after the initial setup, only steps 17 onwards are necessary.

Peter

=================
Assuming you have installed IVap and MTL on both PCs, and do not have
fixed IP addresses on your network, the startup sequence is a bit odd,
but I sussed it tonight and checked that it works every time, which it
does.

1)      Obtain IP addresses of FS PC
2)      Obtain IP address of Remote PC
3)      Open Ivap Configuration application on FS PC
4)      Select Network & Multi PC tab
5)      Untick Single PC Setup, if ticked
6)      Set up Ivap Configuration on FS PC with the network addresses as
follows: -
7)      The IP of Flight Simulator PC should be set to 127.0.0.1
8)      The IP of Network Interface PC should be set to 127.0.0.1
9)      The IP of User Interface PC should be set to that obtained in 2) above
10)     Open Ivap Configuration application on remote PC
11)     Select Network & Multi PC tab
12)     Untick Single PC Setup, if ticked
13)     Set up Ivap Configuration on remote PC with the network addresses as
follows: -
14)     The IP of Flight Simulator PC should be set to that obtained in 1)
above
15)     The IP of Network Interface PC should be set to that obtained in 1)
above
16)     The IP of User Interface PC should be set to 127.0.0.1
17)     On FS PC start Ivap - Network Interface application from the
Start/All Programs list.
18)     On Remote PC start Ivap - User Interface application from the
Start/All Programs list
19)     Start FS
20)     Start Ivap from the FS IVAO menu (The Ivap panel will NOT appear on
the FS PC if you have done things correctly up to now)
21)     Connect to IVAO on the remote PC IVap User Interface panel

Note that it is important to start FS only as the antepenultimate step,
not first as in Vatsim and PCI.