[jhb] Re: Help with IvAp v2

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 23:17:16 +0100

Denis

What do the four system tray status lights show - red or green?

Are you remembering to start the network interface before the UI? As a matter of interest, on which of your two PCs are you running the network interface? - I couldn't get my (FS9) setup to run with the network interface on the non-FS PC; I had to reconfigure it to run on the FS PC, although the UI is running on the non-FS PC.

Mike L

Denis Ripley wrote:
Hi Guts,

I have reached the hair pulling stage whilst trying to run IvAp v2(FSX) on a second computer.

Let me layout where I have got to at the moment. I have IvAp v2 installed on both computers. I have run ivap_config.exe on both computers, indicating via the radio buttons which computer is the FSX one and which is not. The FSX computers IP has been entered in the appropriate place, after using 'cmd/ipconfig' to make sure I had the correct number. I can display the user interface on the second machine. When I press the connect button after filling-in my user id, password, ident etc, etc, the UI just sits there and stares back at me, twitching every now and then. Lights on the front of the UI show 'fp' in red and 'net' in green. The port number that IvAp v2 is using is 6811. I have specified this number in both computers Firewalls(XP SP2) both in TCP and UDP. I have port forwarded it also in my router(not sure if all these were necessary but I included them on the off chance). I have tried to connect with both Firewalls off but still no joy. I have Teamspeak automatically loading when I start the UI and it connects when asked to do so(this all on the second computer). I can key Teamspeak remotely from my joystick as per Peter Dowson/Paul's instructions.

I think that covers everything that I have tried and thereby my call for help. The solution is probably something that I have forgotten to do but for the life of me I can't think what it could be. Anyone with any ideas is encouraged to reply.

Denis