[jhb] Re: FSX and Win 7

  • From: "Frank Fisher" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:11:08 +0100

Kevin

The CIX VFR (of which I am a member), have been batting this around for some time. There are the XP diehards, Vista diehards and Win7 diehards. It is strange that for some people, there are no problems what so ever, whereas for others with almost identical machines, just cannot get it working. One at least has progressed from XP to Vista to Win7 without any hiccups, another, is almost tearing their hair out, trying to get it working, whichever version. As an example, the Win7 guy, is happily using Squawkbox and FSInn on all the changes. I myself on the other hand, am struggling with SB, and forget FSInn on Vista32 and 64. Happily IVAO is no sweat. The only change you may find, is that everything will run smoother and with little or no hiccups. Which lets face it, is the ideal. And yes, by all means setup your old machine as a server, if like me you have gigabytes of files.

Frank
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kev Townsend" <175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>