[jhb] Re: EGNS

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:49:38 +0100

Sadly FS doesn't emulate tailskids so it thinks the Tiger has a tailwheel.
No drag from a tailwheel so the aircraft just sails on and on after
touchdown. I tried adding drag but there isn't a ground friction value any
more (it was in FS2002) and I also tried changing wheel diameter and other
tricks to get it to stop. In the end I added brakes to my version..

The other advantage of the brakes is that they make turning on the ground so
much easier. You can spin a Tiger round with full rudder and a blast of
power but, again, FS doesn't model this and you can go charging off into the
sunset if you don't watch it.